Monday, August 24, 2009

It's The First Day Of School!!!!

And Mom's all right!!! We had a great start to the new school year. Sunday night Erik gave each of the girls a beautiful blessing and everyone was excited to go to bed so mornign would hurry and get here!! I got up early and fixed German pancakes for breakfast then it was back into the ole routine; brush teeth, wash face and hands, get dressed, wait in line for mom to do their hair. Then it was off to school!!

Our First Grader!!

Our Kindergartener!!

Priscilla acted like an old pro. I kissed her goodbye and left her in daddy's hands while I went to the other side of the school with Melody. On the walk to her "dot" she jabbered about the "big" playground and how it is so much better because it has monkey bars and swings. She hopscothed for a minute and then was ready to join the throng of dot lookers!!

She found her dot, put her backpack and lunch box down and said she wanted to go play. She took about ten steps and came running back and said maybe later! Mrs. Coe came out and Melly looked at me and said I am fine you can go now!!! I was a little shocked and asked her if she was sure. She confirmed she was fine. So with a hug and a kiss I was sent off!!

The bell still hadn't rung so I went to see P off into her new world.

She was standing in line all smiles watching the other kids. She smiled then waved and with an I love you mom she was off. Part of me was sad but I was mostly proud of my girls. They trust Erik and I when we tell them they will be safe and have a great time and they trust their teachers too. I love picking them up from school. Their faces just beaming when they see you, ready to tell you about their day. It reminds me of when I used to pick up my nieces and how happy they were to see me and share. I LOVE this age when school is wonderfully exciting and so happy that my girls love it too!!

3 comments:

Bryce & Cortney Alvord said...

you're girls are getting SOOOOOOOOO big!!!

MaryRC said...

yay i love first day of school pics, my kids arent interested in first day pics anymore :( check you email..

Becky aka mom aka tata! said...

I know Cort! It is crazy how time seriously flies!

Mary it must be an age thing, I remember my nieces not liking it to well for a while, they deal with it now, probably for their mothers sake! lol!!!