Monday, September 22, 2008

Stress

It has been a very frustrating afternoon. Priscilla had her weekly, well what is supposed to be weekly when HE decides to show up, visit with her biological dad. HE told us a few weeks ago that he was willing to relinquish his rights and allow P to stay with us and her sisters. In turn he would still get to see her etc. Well, HE said today that he doesn't know what he is going to do now. LOVELY. HE has a termination of parental rights trial coming up in October and risks having no contact with her at all so Erik and I and "the team" have been trying to make him see that he is better off relinquishing on his own. I am SO DONE with these games. It is at times like this that I am beyond thankful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I don't know how people get through the hard times in life without Him.

After prayers, and tucking everyone, including Erik, in bed I sat in the peacefulness of my living room, searching the scriptures for comfort, and finding this...

Moroni 7:42 Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope;
for without faith there cannot be any hope.



I have faith and hope...I have to, or else I wouldn't have this...




2 comments:

Bryce & Cortney Alvord said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers! you have amazing faith and to have hope is the best! Your little girls are beautiful and you have an awesome, supportive, and loving husband! the Lord is mindful of this and mindful of your situation!KEEP THE FAITH (and HOPE!)

Karmann and Ryan said...

BECKY!!! You know that she is meant for you!!! Now when you are so close dont loose that faith! I am glad that you found that scripture to comfort you. I am praying for you everyday and everything is going to be just fine! Love you!!