Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Better Late Than NEVER!!


Serenity, Priscilla and Melody


Finally liking the sparkler!



Trying to write her name!



Watching the pretty colors!!

I just realized that for some reason I didn't get a post up of our July 4th. We had a great time with Peg, her girls, Chuck, Branden, my mom and Shelley. I boycotted the parade this year since I was flying solo with the girls, Erik had to work the night before, and from what I understand I didn't miss much!! As is our tradition we went over to Peg's for a BBQ and fireworks. We did most of our fireworks before the big City ones went off so Erik could enjoy some before he left for work. Serenity was a little scared of the noise so we thought we would try a sparkler. BIG, HILARIOUS, MISTAKE...as soon as Peg got it lit and sparks started to fly she got the most scared look on her face, dropped the sparkler and ran to my mom!!! It all happened so fast I couldn't even get a picture!!!!! We got her settled down and she finally held on later. Melody and Priscilla were a little hesitant with the sparklers but ended up loving them. Aunt Shelley bought poppers for everyone, we think she bought enough for the entire neighborhood, and the girls really liked those. Priscilla only made about everytenth one actually pop so the rest of the night we would pop one as we walked down the driveway. The City fireworks display was WONDERFUL this year. It seemed to last a lot longer than usual. I never get enough fireworks. (One of the reasons I want to live in Utah, you can legally set off fireworks practically the whole month of July!!!!) When it was all said and done it was a great night!!!!!

No comments: